Wednesday, March 21, 2007

QUESTION 5-Animal Farm

What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?

The mood taken altogether from the book is tragedy, empty, tense, and menace. The whole story is filled with irony and bitter sarcasm. When I was reading this book, the tense of the mood was at peak when Napoleon makes the dogs kill the animals that have been in touch with Snowball. It was so gross and disgusting when it was expressed that the dead animal bodies were piled up in the barn and the blood was splattered all over. This part was the most depressing part of the book and I did feel sad when reading it. I thought that the animals who confessed that they had been meeting Snowball were so stupid. I still wonder why they confessed even when they new they were going to get killed. If I were them, I would never tell Napoleon that I was meeting Snowball. I was more sad because the animals couldn’t do anything about Napoleon killing their friends, and the remaining animals had to just watch them getting killed. I think the animals didn’t do anything about Napoleon either because they were too scared or too stupid to think what is right and what is wrong. The scene when the pigs were actually walking like humans was so sarcastic and disgusting but also funny. This part wasn’t that tense as the scene before but it had many meanings inside it. I hope there would be no situation like pigs walking or animals ruling their farm on their own in our world.

No comments: